Having a secure business is vital to maximizing your ROI. Whether it’s protecting inventory, vehicles or employees, security is the key to keeping your business safe and secure. We’ve put together several reasons why it’s important to secure your business along with a few easy ways to go about doing it.
Grow your business and lower costs
Your business is growing and you want to grow with it. To do that, you need to lower your costs. There are many ways to do this, but one of the most obvious benefits of securing your business is that it will help save money on insurance premiums and reduce claims costs. Securing your business lowers the likelihood of an employee injury or property damage. When employees feel safe at work, they’re more likely to be productive which means less time spent on injuries and fewer claims filed against the company’s insurance policy. This can also lead to reduced maintenance costs as well as reduced employee turnover rates since workers won’t feel like they’re in danger when they come into work every day!
Monitor weather and protect your business from costly damages
Monitoring the weather can be a great way to stay ahead of any potential problems. There are many reasons why you should monitor the weather, but here are a few tips on how to protect your business from costly damages due to inclement weather:
- Weather can damage your property. If you do not take precautions, then rain can leak into your building or flood your basement. This could cause water damage that is costly and time-consuming to repair.
- Weather can ruin equipment and other assets in your office or outside of it. If rainwater seeps into vents or electrical outlets, it may cause expensive repairs and replacements of expensive equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers and more!
- Employees who work outdoors may risk injury from falling tree limbs if they do not have proper protection during torrential rains or high winds (such as tornadoes). When employees get hurt because of bad weather conditions like these accidents often result in lawsuits against companies who failed their duty at protecting workers’ safety during inclement conditions.”
Secure your business with video surveillance
Video surveillance is a key component of any security strategy. With video surveillance you can monitor and protect your business, employees, customers and premises.
Video surveillance can be used as part of an integrated security solution that combines CCTV cameras with access control systems and intrusion detection to provide comprehensive coverage across your property.
When used effectively, this technology helps you monitor your business for security purposes. It also enables you to identify suspicious activity on-site so that appropriate action can be taken quickly in response.
Manage jobsites on the go with mobile access
Remote access is a great way to manage your business and keep your assets secure. It allows you to monitor your business from anywhere, manage it from anywhere and help your employees succeed from anywhere. The ability to manage jobsites on the go is a huge benefit for any business that relies on construction or services contracts. Here are some ways that mobile access can help you:
- Monitor jobsites. With mobile access, you can make sure that your employees are following company protocol and finishing the work they’ve been hired to do. A few apps offer this feature by allowing you to monitor time cards, check logs and even keep track of mileage between sites.
- Monitor equipment usage at jobsites. If you need to ensure that all of your machinery is functioning properly before sending people out into public places, it’s helpful to know when each piece was last inspected as well as how much fuel is left in its tank—all things a good app will provide without fail.
Protect inventory, employees and visitors with alarm monitoring
Alarm monitoring is a service that allows you to receive immediate notification in the case of a break-in or other security event. This can be done via text, email and/or phone call depending on the level of monitoring you choose.
The benefits are obvious: if your business is robbed and an alarm is triggered, you’ll know about it quickly so you can respond accordingly and take steps to minimize damage to your business and property. If there’s an intruder on site, they’ll get caught as soon as possible—and not before they cause any harm. Your employees will feel safer knowing that their security system works effectively and consistently watches over them while they work.
Monitor employee productivity.
This doesn’t mean you have to micro-manage every little thing your employees are doing. It just means you’re on top of developments within your company and can quickly respond to any necessary situations. There are two main benefits to monitoring your employees productivity:
- Employee monitoring can help you address employee issues and manage your workforce: When you have a better understanding of what’s happening in your company, it’ll be easier to identify areas where employees need training or development.
- Employee monitoring can avoid lawsuits: Monitoring employee activity can also reduce the risk of legal action against you as a business owner. Some employees might not realize that they’ve violated company policy by accessing sensitive data on the internet—or even worse, sharing it with third parties without authorization.
Your business is valuable, and it only makes sense to protect it. When you’re looking for a way to keep your company safe from threats, there are several options such as Provision ISR and alarm.com. The methods listed above will help ensure that no one ever tries anything funny with your company assets again!